Translate

Sunday 16 September 2012

Stage 19 – He ticks everything on my list so why aren’t I into him?

Those of you who follow my blogs or have read blog 16 will know that there are certain features and characteristics that I want in the guy I settle down with.  Throughout my dating process I have kept my list in mind, even though I have learnt a number of things along the way which I believe are much more important than my list.

To reiterate if you haven’t read blog 16, the things I had on my list are: kind, mature, clean, respectful, DIY, very ambitious, tall, between 27-35 years old, well paid and a God fearing man. Right until recently I hadn’t found anyone who ticked everything on the list, not until I met guy B a few weeks ago.
When guy B first approached me I actually thought this is the kind of guy I’m looking for based on his physical appearance. He had a suit on. He was tall and approached me in a respectful way.  He also came across quite down to earth and humble. We arranged a date not long after and went for a meal and saw a play at the West End.
When we sat down for the meal he changed. He became very serious and the playful side that I saw in him when I first met him disappeared. I even mentioned to him that I feel like you’ve turned into a different person all of a sudden and he said it was because he wanted me to see a serious but not office like side to him. I didn’t like that because that’s not who I met.  Throughout the date he did and said all the right things but the more he tried to impress the more turned off I became.
I went to a wedding with him the following day and that went well and I actually liked him more on that day. He helped out throughout the wedding because he was part of the organising team. I didn’t mind that I was on my own most of the time because  he tried when he could to spend some time with me and showed me that he very much wanted to be with me but duty called.

The following day I saw him again and I was back to feeling turned off. I really didn’t understand why, especially as he ticked everything on my list and was doing all he could to show me that he really cared about me. I decided to see him the following day for the fourth consecutive day in hope that I will feel something for him, but like the day before I didn’t and I started avoiding him after that. Whilst I was avoiding him, he was still being a kind gentleman by giving me the space that I had asked for but also tried to involve me in his life by telling me that he is in the process of buying tickets for us to see a comedy show together. As sweet as that may sound, I think it is slightly controlling because he didn’t ask me if I wanted to go to the show or if I was even available. He just dropped it into a conversation that he was buying tickets for us to go to a comedy show. I had to ask who the us was and declined when he said it was me and him.
I have questioned myself over and over again, why am I not into this guy when he has everything on my list and almost desperately wants to be with me. The best answer that I can give myself is that my spirit doesn’t feel happy about him. I don’t understand how you can fall so deeply for someone in such a short time and suffocate the person by making them feel as though they are in a relationship with you within a few days of meeting. What happened to the time spent getting to know each other before deciding to officially be together and no longer date others.
I also felt as though guy B and I spoke different languages because we didn’t understand each other’s sense of humour nor did we really know what motivated each other. In fact there were a lot of things that I just felt could not be ignored before deciding to be with someone that he was whole heartedly ready to ignore because he thought we would be perfect for each other.
I don’t know if it’s because we are 6 years apart in age and I’m just not as mature as him yet to see things as quickly as he did, but what I do know from this experience is that as much as it’s important to have a list my spirit must feel at ease when I’m with the guy I choose to settle down with. I really did try to like guy B for the sake of my list but as I created my list and not the other way round I refuse to let my list have full control of my love life.
Thanks for reading My dating year – stage 19.

12 comments:

  1. I guess our gut instinct is always right. Great blog
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,

      Thanks for the comment. I had to listen to my gut instinct. Everytime I ignore my gut instinct I regret it.

      Delete
  2. I guess if it aint right, it aint right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely weren't right. Thanks for visiting and following my blog.

      Delete
  3. I think you feel this way because everything has happened so fast. The guy needs to calm down and be patient enough to let things follow their natural course.
    Most importantly, however, listen to what your spirit tells you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think that it was only females who liked rushing into relationships. This challenge has taught me that men can be just as clingy as women.

      I'm also seriously working on listening to my spirit more because it is always right.

      Delete
  4. Hey Jel! It's Hannah! Lol I think personally this 'list' needs to be cut down a bit or infact scrapped. Like u said ur spirit didn't take to him. Maybe what's more important is the ora felt rather than the attributes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Han, I totally understand what you are saying but sometimes oras can be misleading as a lot of guys show their best side or even pretend to be what they are not at the start to trick you into liking them and the ora they conjure from the facade. Once they've caught you like a fish on a bait they drop the act and show you their true self which leaves you wondering OMG how did I get myself in this position. So I'm not totally not convinced by oras. I know I've found myself in the OMG moments a little too many times and I will prefer to stay away from the all too familiar moment of realisation by considering other things like some of the items on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list makes me laugh, not in a bad way but because it is very familiar, I'm sure if you conducted a survey (hello my name is... I'm calling on behalf of (dare I mention the company lol)) with 100 females the survey wouldn't be worth conducting. Personally I've always kept an open mind about what I was after, I find I'm attracted to the unconventional and finding someone who gets me, is right at the top of my list. I think lists should be scraped altogether because it sets conventions, for example, if you ask the next, let me use black guy as an example what kind of woman they are after, that list will almost definitely include, big bum, big breast- erm hello?! How many real women look like nicki minaj, beyonce or rihanna? These lists are stereotyped around movies, music videos, magazines and books- it isn't real! Tall, dark and handsome might just be the similar height, librarian with a slight african accent and a Johnny Bravo build, but he gets you- surely that's more important, I'll choose that any day over Morris Chesnut who is yes hella fine, but I don't know him.

    In tackling this dilemma you've just faced, I think its simply a case of too fast, too soon. I don't necessarily think he was wrong in getting tickets to see a comedy show, I liked the fact he got to know you and what your interest were, found something fun that you could both do and took it upon himself to get the tickets; that to me showed signs of dominion, responsibility and spontaneity and those 3 attributes sit very well with me. Ray-Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to add initiative as :) RayRay

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest Rachael, I just wasn't into the guy. I don't think it would have mattered if he asked me first rather than just dropping it into a conversation with me that he was going to buy us tickets to see a comedy show. If a guy I liked had done the same thing, I would have thought, how sweet, he really likes me and even if I felt sick I probably would have soldiered it and gone with him to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete